Friday, June 27, 2008

Got 8 hard drives laying around?

Most people probably don't, but I do have a bunch of hard drives laying around. The shame of it is that there's no space left in any computer to make use of them. They're perfectly good, and with all the video projects (not to mention the 100's of gigabytes of movies we have), I'm low on space. Enter the eBox-U:

It's an 8 bay USB hard drive tower. What's that, you ask? It'll take 8 hard drives of any make or size, and let you get access to all of them via USB. It has it's own power supply and everything. You can configure the box to let you access each hard drive individually, or you can set them up in 4 groups of 2 drives, or 2 groups of 4 drives, or one giant group of 8 drives.
So now, I can easily store all the HD video footage I've acquired, as well as have space to do all kinds of processing. I've got five drives in there now, and I'll be adding more very shortly...

No comments: