Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Dance Concert Shooting Done

I'm done shooting all dance concerts, now the real work begins! Footage must be edited, titles added, menus and DVDs to be published. Also, I've discovered that my computer is laboring under the weight of HD footage; it's quite a bit more work for the computer to handle. So, I've put together my own 'render farm':



Instead of just one computer processing the HD to it's final output, I've got 8 (these 6 plus my office computer and the media center computer). The video is split up among all these computers, and each works on it's own piece until all pieces are re-assembled at the end, all over the network in my house. There's nothing quite as cool for a computer guy as having a render farm...

I've posted a 720p HD clip of one of the dance numbers from the Bunker Dance concert so you can see it in HD, found here: http://www.vimeo.com/1222248.

No comments: