Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Scooters get good gas mileage

Well, I'm just about to join the hundreds (if not thousands) of Las Vegans that are switching to the scooter as the main mode of getting to work. They're hard to come across here in town apparently. The dealer told me that they're having a hard time getting them in, but I managed to put a deposit down on a 150cc one that should be in by the end of this week. I'll save around $250/month in gas driving that to work. I have many years of experience braving the ravages of the weather on two wheels here in the desert, so I can't say that I'm looking forward to it, but it'll be nice to save some money and do my small part in reducing my 'carbon footprint' (though it's really about saving money).

Pictures to come as soon as I've got it, of course.

1 comment:

Lisa and Bill said...

You are a brave man getting on one of those scooters in our crazy town! I am proud of you for trying to save money or let's say keep your hard earned money! I loved your 'carbon footprint' comment. It's all going to pot anyway! (oh that was negative..) Can't wait to see the scooter!