Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I'm officially on two wheels

Well, here it is:


I'm now on my way to saving the planet (I'm really not that altruistic, just tryin' to save a couple bucks). It's really zippy and brings me back to the good old motorcycle days. Although, I'm used to handling a 1000cc, 600lb beast, so this 150cc, 200-something pounder is a bit different. But it's fun! Believe it or not, it has remote start, anti-lock brakes, and an alarm.

I'm being careful to follow the 'break-in' procedure for the first few days. Said procedure means not gunning it everywhere, twisting the throttle wide open, which gives the motor a chance to, well, break in. So, I don't have any idea how fast it will really go, but rest assured, by the end of the week, I'll know! It has no trouble getting up to 45, and the guys at the shop where I bought it say it'll get to 65 easy.

No comments: